Regional Initiative Valuing Environmental Resources (RIVER)
RIVER Governmental Cost Share Program
PROGRAM UPDATE - RIVER project applications are now closed.
District funding assistance is being made available to government entities to implement projects with the following objectives:
- Protect Florida's water supply
- Improve water quality
- Restore natural systems
- Provide flood protection
The Suwannee River Water Management District (District) has developed a cost-share program to assist county governments, municipalities, water supply authorities, and other interested units of local government with a cost-share program for projects that enhance or address the District's core mission of managing water supply, water quality, flood protection, and natural systems. The Regional Initiative Valuing Environmental Resources (RIVER) local government cooperative funding program provides an opportunity for local government to obtain cost-share funding for projects that foster the District's core mission.
What Type of Project Is Eligible?
Eligible projects include projects that:
- Advanced aquifer recharge
- Conserve our water supply
- Develop alternative water supplies
- Enhance or restore natural systems
- Improve water quality
- Protect springs
- Provide improved flood protection
RIVER funding requests must be submitted to the District using the following application, spreadsheets and documents listed below by the deadline of 5:00 PM on April 16, 2019. Project submittals must be emailed to the District at the following email address: Projects@SRWMD.org.
The following documents must be filled out and submitted to the District for each project submittal:
- RIVER Project Application or the on-line version RIVER On-line Application Form
- Cost Effectiveness Calculator
The District is committed to helping its local communities develop successful projects. To meet with District staff to discuss potential projects please contact the Projects team at 386-362-1001 or by email.
- Governing Board Directive for RIVER
- RIVER Funding Guidance
- FDEP Springs Funding Guidance
- BMAP Projects for SRWMD
- District Basin Management Action Plan (BMAP) Map
- Water Resource Caution Areas Map
- NFRWSP Boundary Map
- NFRWSP Projects for SRWMD
- FDEP Waterbody IDs
- Lower Santa Fe Basin Recovery Strategy
- SWIM Plans - Coastal Basin and Suwannee Basin
- Outstanding Florida Springs
- Priority Focus Areas
- FDEP Method for Wastewater TN Calculations
For more information, please email the Projects team.